On 12/02/2014 00:42, Thomas Andraschko wrote:
Can't you just switch to DS?
I gave a look to «migrate codi 1.x to deltaspike 0.5» by someone who seems to know a bit on this topic, posts on this mailing list and is also known a Gerhard Petracek :-)

http://os890.blogspot.fr/2013/10/migrate-codi-1x-to-deltaspike-05.html

And so I try to apply the dependenc changes from
https://raw.github.com/os890/tomee_mf_stack_001/master/pom.xml

https://raw.github.com/os890/tomee_mf_stack_001/codi2ds/pom.xml

I was however stopped at build time by the lack of
- @ProjectStageActivated

I can easily live without @ProjectStageActivated (used to activate a phase listener in debug, something which help me a lot when I started to pla with JSF but that I do not need anymore) and I am now trying to figure how not to use @Advanced.

I am using this annotation to make converters and validators eligible injection targets. I think I can also retrieve beans by EL-expressions, with simple code such as

public class MyHelperClass {
    public static <T> T findBean(String name) {
        if ((name == null) || name.isEmpty()) {
            return null;
                }
        return evaluateExpression("#{" + name + "}");
    }

    @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
    public static <T> T evaluateExpression(String expr) {
        if ((expr == null) || expr.isEmpty()) {
            return null;
                }
        FacesContext fc = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
        return (T) fc.getApplication().evaluateExpressionGet(fc,
                expr, Object.class);

MyHelperClass.findBean("toto");

I will try that and keep you posted.

Thanks,