This question has been raised on the mailing list several times. The answer
is always the same:
Released functionality is mature and stable. 0.X indicates that the API
might change but so far this has happened like 1-2 times I think and
probably took 2 minutes to fix for depending projects. The actual impl is
stable though.

By following the discussion on the mailing list it's quite clear that they
put effort into not only porting CODI but to enhance it as well. I have
Deltaspike in production for many, many months with no issues (all though
not 0.6-SNAPSHOT). And you can assume it's going to be more tested then
code you include yourself to do something similar.

The parts regarding JSF is stable for 0.6 so getting the support from a
SNAPSHOT right now and replace with stable release later is not a very
adventurous.

These are the docs for getting started:
http://deltaspike.apache.org/jsf.html

cheers