Microsoft will continue laughing all the way to the bank as long as they
can keep the Java crowd believing their desktop monopoly is just a niche
market.  In the US small businesses are the largest employer segment and we
live on a desktop.  More and more of them with larger and larger screens.
Of course, we also use browsers for web access and cell phones to talk with
each other.  But we get our work done with a desktop client/server
application for the most part; and no, we don't want to have to try to get
anything done with something as crude as a browser interface.  That should
be more than apparent from the recent rash of class action lawsuits that
have been filed against Oracle's attempt to force customers to a browser
interface.  We simply don't want it in small businesses.  Long live the
niche!!