On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 8:05 AM, Miroslav Nachev <
mnachev.nscenter...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, it's a real pity, that so many years in Java world there is a gap for
> Desktop programming. The Java world has been waiting for JavaFX for over 20
> years. Swing and AWT were a failure for Java and Desktop applications in
> the Java world.

...except for applications at NASA, NATO, Boeing, Airbus, etc etc etc.
I.e., scientific applications behind the scenes in back offices everywhere.
Here are some of them:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/on+top+of+NetBeans

Indeed, though, consumer applications have increasingly moved to mobile
phones and to browsers generally. But for scientific applications, there's
a lot for the Java desktop to be proud of. :-)

Gj