I've checked in the changes you need as a pull request, once you integrate
the pull request, you will not have question marks. The question marks
where in your repo, they will not be there anymore after you accept my pull
request.

At this point, you've spent about two weeks working on this problem --
maybe you should make images of what you'd like to have on those buttons
and then attach those images to the buttons instead of what you're
currently doing. If plan A doesn't work, try plan B.

Gj