On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:16:32 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnjas...@gmail.com> dijo:

I keep trying different things. Just now I got it working. I renamed
the .openoffice config files for both 2.4.1 and 3.0, then launched 3.0.
It went through the registration thing and then the splash screen came
up. Afterwards everything is working fine.

However, this is not an acceptable solution. I have thousands of
settings in Autocorrect, thousands of technical terms in my dictionary,
and hundreds and hundreds of other configurations. Rebuilding all of
those would take days. Worse, every time I open an old document I will
be faced with styles that don't match and all kinds of other issues.

I'll keep playing with it.