I have a file written in open office wirter. Recently, I have a need to
cooperate someone else using Microsoft word. So I resave my document to MS
Word format in OpenOffice Writer. There are many fields in my document such
fig.4.2. In MSWord, this code, for example { SEQ fig \*Arabic} will lose
chapter number and display as fig.2.

So I need a way to keep the auto-numbering information (just the plain text
needed) and remove the fields functionality. I know a way which is to save
document into rtf first, then open it in wordpad. Yes, it works, but some
pictures of my original document will disappear.

I just want to ask if there is another way to change the field to plain text
and keep the content of fields.