I have share three documents here
1. abc.odt http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/359105/abc.odt
2. abc.doc http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/359105/abc.doc
3. abc.rtf http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/359105/abc.rtf

abc.odt is the simplified original document of mine.
abc.doc is the word version saved from openoffcie (from abc.odt)
abc.rtf is the rtf version saved from openoffice(from abc.odt)

if you open abc.doc by msword, you will see "drawing 1.1", it's OK. But be
careful, if you choose it and press F9, drawing 1.1 will change to drawing
1.
if you open abc.rtf by wordpad, you will see the picutures' missing.