Ugly Me wrote:
Something I've taken for granted in Microsoft Office (and virtually every
other word processor/text editor) is that if I cut or copy text from some
place and paste it to the program, the whole thing is copied over.  With OOo
Writer it seems that only the first page is pasted in and the rest of it?
Who knows. I regard this a bug, and believe me - it bugs me.  Is there any
plan to correct this? (Alas I can't  program anything newer than GW-BASIC so
I can't do it myself).

I've done multi-page cut&paste many times in Writer with no problems (currently using 2.4.1 on VistaHP). Are you by any chance trying to paste into a frame?