----- Original Message -----
From: "Web Kracked" <webmas...@krackedpress.com>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: [users] OOo Writer Cut & Paste Problem

> I did not see the beginning of this thread so here is my take;
> I have done multi-page cut/paste going into OOo and going from OOo.
> Both work fine for me.  I have done it using 2.x on XP and 3.0.0
> on Vista, both laptops.

Or is it because I use Win2K that I'm having trouble?

> So I wonder what the trouble was from.  Sounds like it as from a
> web page to OOo.  I have done that as well.  I prefer to do a different
> way {web page to OOo} but it is not part of OOo but the browser system.

I could try copying from an ASCII file to see if it makes a difference,
instead of a web page.
While I don't recall it being in a frame.... it might have been the case.

> Now on the topic of GW-Basic, I loved that software over the basic that
> was ROM-ed in to the original IBM PCs.  Better than the mainframe BASIC
> I learned.  Never learned a newer version.

Rich people. Sheesh! ;-)  I couldn't afford a first generation IBM PC.  In
fact I didn't get a DOS/Win3.1 machine until 1996 and even that was a hand
me down.
So the only time I dealt with a ROM-based BASIC was with an Atari 800XL
(don't laugh).  But it sounds like you're either older than me or have been
more heavily involved in computers (or both).

> The trouble I find is that sometime when you do a multi page copy,
> sometimes the system has trouble finding the end of the bold-ed area.
> I have found this trouble is with XP and Vista OS.  It can be trouble,

That has not (yet) been a problem, but rather, pasting text and having it
disappear after the first page in OOo Writer.

> and has been from time to time.  But it does not have to do with OOo,
> since I copied the text and pasted it into Note Tab lite, not OOo.
> So it must be the OS error.

NoteTab Pro (NTP) 5.7b works great for me - as a text editor - and I use it
all the time. However it's not quite as helpful at copying text off the net
except for the bare HTML code.

> I have had that error on maybe 20 cases and most were going from web
> pages to either Note Tab lite.  I do not ever remember having trouble
> with multi page copy/paste with OOo involved.

I don't recall the differences between this and NTL since it's the
simplified (yet often effective) freeware version.

-Sean

PS that's something I also have to consider if and when I switch to Linux.
The author, Eric Fookes, has not released a non-Windowze version yet.