At 18:59 05/03/2009 -0500, Nobody Noname wrote:
Something I've taken for granted in Microsoft Office (and virtually every other word processor/text editor) is that if I cut or copy text from some place and paste it to the program, the whole thing is copied over. With OOo Writer it seems that only the first page is pasted in and the rest of it? Who knows. I regard this a bug, and believe me - it bugs me.

Millions of otherwise happy OpenOffice users would be complaining if this were generally true, of course. As has already been suggested, one possibility is that you are pasting into a frame, either one you already have or else one that is part of the pasted material. If so, you may see a red triangular arrow at the end of the page, showing that there is more (hidden) material which has been pasted in and is present but cannot be fitted into the page and displayed.

A simple way to check what is happening is to use Edit | Paste Special... (or right-click | Paste Special... or Ctrl+Shift+V) instead of ordinary Paste. This will paste the textual material without any accompanying structure and you will be able to see and confirm exactly what is being pasted. Once you have confirmed that all the material is there, you can choose between:
o  reformatting it afresh as you require, or
o going back to your ordinary Paste and rescuing the hidden text by modifying the pasted structure. You should be able to select and copy whatever is in the frame and then paste it back outside the frame.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker