----- Original Message -----
From: "Barbara Duprey" <b...@onr.com>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [users] OOo Writer Cut & Paste Problem

> Ugly Me wrote:
> > Something I've taken for granted in Microsoft Office (and virtually
every
> > other word processor/text editor) is that if I cut or copy text from
some
> > place and paste it to the program, the whole thing is copied over.  With
OOo
> > Writer it seems that only the first page is pasted in and the rest of
it?
> > Who knows. I regard this a bug, and believe me - it bugs me.  Is there
any
> > plan to correct this? (Alas I can't  program anything newer than
GW-BASIC so
> > I can't do it myself).
>
> I've done multi-page cut&paste many times in Writer with no problems
> (currently using 2.4.1 on VistaHP). Are you by any chance trying to
> paste into a frame?

It seems any variant from 2.4 to 3.1dev works the same way for me. No I
don't try to paste things into a frame. Is that my mistake?
BTW I am using Windows 2000.  I have about had it though, and would just as
soon adopt Linux (I'm divided between Slackware and Ubuntu) but I don't know
if my rapidly aging machine could deal with WINE effectively, and if I can't
run my (fairly) trusty MSO2K on it then I would need a reliable version of
OOo. I have yet to see this.