> Now I understand, you think Microsoft are using ODF V1.2!

No, but starting from 1.2 I think would be a good point. Starting in
the middle of 1.1 will be a mess.

> They aren't,
> they are using a bastardised 1.1 which does not conform to what other
> 1.1 using programs already use _interoperably_.

They are using 1.1 as defined by the OASIS consortium. The standard is
loose enough to allow their different interpretation. That is a fault
of the standard.

> They are the latecomers
> onto the stage with a fubar implementation. Nobody is going to change
> another program to break compatibilty with documents already saved
> in this format. The 1.2 spec is still under development in OASIS.

This is why I say to leave 1.1 as it is, and to render 1.2 as MSO renders 1.2.

>> The truth is, I don't like playing follow the leader either. But in
>> this unique example, I do say that OOo should play by MS's rules, to
>> make their toehold in the industry stand. Just as OOo looks to MSO as
>> the reference implementation of DOC, so should it be with ODF.
>>

> I disagree.

There are two choices: have a reference implementation or don't. Which
do you think is better for the standard?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il