Larry Gusaas wrote:
On 2010/01/07 10:28 PM  Barbara Duprey wrote:
Larry Gusaas wrote:
On 2010/01/07 7:27 PM  Barbara Duprey wrote:
That's what I'd hoped, but when I actually tried it, the text was way off-center towards the center fold (when compared to the same file sent directly to the printer). Each page image is significantly smaller on the PDF version (for example, the back page goes from about 4-3/8" x 7-5/16", to 4" x 6-11/16"), with the outside margin going from 1/2" to 7/8" and the inside margin also smaller.

Oops! Forgot about that. Sorry. I had already adjusted my templates to take that into account.

That's OK -- when you've been doing something for a long time it's hard to remember back at the beginning! But if you happen to have a template you think would work for me.... :-) I'm still hoping that I can get back to where I can use a PDF pseudo-printer, there are others I might try. Sure don't know why suddenly stopped working for me, though!

I don't have a template close to your formating, but try this.

Under Format/Page:

   Change Page Layout to 'Mirrored'
   Keep inner margin the same as you currently have for left margin
   Reduce the size of outer, top, and bottom margins by about .3".

This should get you close. You can fine tune it after.
You might also increase font size by 1 pt to compensate for shrinkage when printing.

Thanks for this good advice, Larry. I'm getting a new computer, and if I can't get a PDF pseudo-printer to work properly (unscaled output, side-by-side layout), I'll know what to do.