M Henri Day wrote:

Barbara, sorry that I missed NoOp's two posts above, as they make mine
superfluous - vacuuming your machine out should do the trick as it no doubt
is filled with what I referred to as «detritus», including lots of
contributions from your cats, and which is almost certainly interfering with
the proper cooling of your CPU. Remember to use a plastic rather than a
metal pipe when performing the operation, to avoid static electricity shocks
which could play havoc with the machine's innards. Worth a try - and far
less expensive than buying a new machine !...

Henri

Actually, plastic can cause static. If using a vacuum cleaner (gotta keep those vacuums clean <g>) with a metal nozzle, hold it so that you're touching the nozzle, while touching the case with the other hand. A service technician should have an anti-static vacuum cleaner.

Also, ensure the power is disconnected while cleaning a computer.