> For the crappy OS, I rather agree too! Windows is sold in many shops, it's
> not really bug free and it can lead to additional costs (anti-virus,
> firewall, anti-spywares, ...). The underlying message was in fact: check
> other OSes like GNU/Linux (they don't need all these security applications).
> But it depends on your use of your computer perhaps.

Linux is bug-free? Hahaha!

To the OP: it is not uncommon for anti-[virus/malware/etc] programs to
flag FOSS software as FOSS software devs generally don't "register"
their "products" with these companies. That does not mean that all
FOSS software is 100% safe, but anti-* programs' warnings are in no
way indicative of problems.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.