2010/2/27 Hagar de l'Est <hagar_de_l...@openoffice.org>

> Agreed.
>
> But sometimes, this kind of electroshock with strong words can trigger
> something. Perhaps that out of curiosity, the OP will check about GNU/Linux
> distros and try a live-CD then make a dual boot and conclude that Windows is
> not the only OS worth using in the world.
>
> :-))
>
> Le 27/02/2010 18:04, M Henri Day a écrit :
>

>  2010/2/27 Hagar de l'Est<hagar_de_l...@openoffice.org>
>>
>>  I've never said that GNU/Linux is bug-free.
>>>
>>> Le 27/02/2010 17:30, Dotan Cohen a écrit :
>>>

>>>   For the crappy OS, I rather agree too! Windows is sold in many shops,

>>>  I agree (with apologies to Eric Arthur Blair) that 1) all OS have
>> problems,
>> but that 2) some have more problems than others. But calling the OS that a
>> poster is using «crappy» probably does little to help him or her resolve a
>> concrete problem - and is in this case, particularly egregious, as the OP
>> pointed out that he also used an alternative. Let us concentrate on
>> helping
>> each other - that should provide adequate room for our creativity !...
>>
>> Henri

But note, Hagar, that the OP indicated in his viery first posting that
«[r]ecently I installed OO32 on both my Windows machines (plus a
Linuxmachine)» (if I remember correctly, Ubuntu Jaunty), so presumably he is
already aware of the fact that Windows OS are not the only ones worth using.
Besides, my professional experience - and the little insight I have into the
way I myself work - indicates to me that on the contrary, words like
«crappy» tend to make the recipient less rather than more likely to accept a
suggestion. Which leads me to the next problem - how can I remind you that
we usually bottom-post on this list without putting you on the defensive
?...

Henri