2010/2/27 M Henri Day <mhenri...@gmail.com>:
> 2010/2/27 Hagar de l'Est <hagar_de_l...@openoffice.org>
>
>> Agreed.
>>
>> But sometimes, this kind of electroshock with strong words can trigger
>> something. Perhaps that out of curiosity, the OP will check about GNU/Linux
>> distros and try a live-CD then make a dual boot and conclude that Windows is
>> not the only OS worth using in the world.
>>
>> :-))
>>
>> Le 27/02/2010 18:04, M Henri Day a écrit :
>>

>>  2010/2/27 Hagar de l'Est<hagar_de_l...@openoffice.org>
>>>
>>>  I've never said that GNU/Linux is bug-free.

>>> problems,
>>> but that 2) some have more problems than others. But calling the OS that a
>>> poster is using «crappy» probably does little to help him or her resolve a
>>> concrete problem - and is in this case, particularly egregious, as the OP
>>> pointed out that he also used an alternative. Let us concentrate on
>>> helping
>>> each other - that should provide adequate room for our creativity !...
>>>
>>> Henri
>>>

> But note, Hagar, that the OP indicated in his viery first posting that
> «[r]ecently I installed OO32 on both my Windows machines (plus a
> Linuxmachine)» (if I remember correctly, Ubuntu Jaunty), so presumably he is
> already aware of the fact that Windows OS are not the only ones worth using.
> Besides, my professional experience - and the little insight I have into the
> way I myself work - indicates to me that on the contrary, words like
> «crappy» tend to make the recipient less rather than more likely to accept a
> suggestion.

I believe that I was the one who first said that crappy OS thing.
However I didn't make any suggestions at all, if I recall correctly. I
guess that was a good thing then.

I certainly never mentioned ”Linux”, since not every non-microsoft OS
is Linux, and why would I? The OP already had Linux, so I am sure he
know what it is, or at least what it is in his case.

Regards

Johnny Rosenberg