2010/2/27 Hagar de l'Est <hagar_de_l...@openoffice.org>

> I've never said that GNU/Linux is bug-free.
>
> Le 27/02/2010 17:30, Dotan Cohen a écrit :
>

>>  For the crappy OS, I rather agree too! Windows is sold in many shops,
>>> it's
>>> not really bug free and it can lead to additional costs (anti-virus,
>>> firewall, anti-spywares, ...). The underlying message was in fact: check
>>> other OSes like GNU/Linux (they don't need all these security
>>> applications).
>>> But it depends on your use of your computer perhaps.
>>>

>> Linux is bug-free? Hahaha!
>>
>> To the OP: it is not uncommon for anti-[virus/malware/etc] programs to
>> flag FOSS software as FOSS software devs generally don't "register"
>> their "products" with these companies. That does not mean that all
>> FOSS software is 100% safe, but anti-* programs' warnings are in no
>> way indicative of problems.

I agree (with apologies to Eric Arthur Blair) that 1) all OS have problems,
but that 2) some have more problems than others. But calling the OS that a
poster is using «crappy» probably does little to help him or her resolve a
concrete problem - and is in this case, particularly egregious, as the OP
pointed out that he also used an alternative. Let us concentrate on helping
each other - that should provide adequate room for our creativity !...

Henri