Hi there!
    I'm a rookie of computer user so thought I would email you guys before
downloading openoffice.
    My daughter uses Powerpoint in school, would openoffice be just as useful
as powerpoint.  Can she transfer her work to powerpoint in school so the
teacher can read it.  Or do I have to buy the expensive powerpoint for my
daughter to be able to produce her work for school.  Hope this makes sense to
you, ha.

OOo can be used as a powerpoint replacement in most cases. For some
complex layouts and files, there maybe some differences between what
is seen in Powerpoint and what is seen in OOo...

I would go with OOo, then question any teacher that forces you to buy
MS products just for the sake of it.

/paul

--
Vista is "dramatically more secure than any other operating system
released" Bill Gates