I am using the 2.0 version of openoffice.  However, I've downloaded
Microsoft Office Word as well, and would prefer Word to be my primary
word  processing
program.  My problem is that when I create a document in Word,  it is
saved
in Open Office, which doesn't have some of the editing features
of  Word.  The
question is how do I make Word the primary without removing  OpenOffice?

Do you mean that your .doc files are opened in writer. If this is the case,
you have set this up when you installed OOo initially. You can change this
file association.

Have a look here for some further advice on this:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=28096

/paul

--
Processing Key for cracking HD DVD's:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0