On Friday October 12 2007 09:14 am, Kevin Mark wrote:
> I am writing to inquire about the licensing requirements of using Open
> Office enterprise-wide for a non-profit hospital system.  Our
> organization consists of approximately 7,000 employees and we manage all
> application delivery and configuration by way of enterprise management
> tools.
>
> Do I understand correctly that there are not any licensing requirements
> that require a fee (such as per user cost) when used in a business
> environment?  Often times, the "free" software of Open Source can have
> disclaimers that "free" only applies to personal use.  To ensure I have
> the correct interpretation of the license information posted on your
> website, I want to confirm that there is no cost if our organization
> were to use this software for business-related purposes.
>
> If you are able to provide me clarification in this regard, it is
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
> KDM

www.openoffice.org/license.html contains the license under which OOo
operates. Please read it. When you do, you will see that you can use
OpenOffice.org in your organization. It should also be clear that you can
provide CD's of this program for any of your employees who would like to
have it running on their home computers. You are legally allowed to charge
for this if you so desire.

Dan