Hi Hervé,

2007/10/13, Hervé HAUVESPRE FREE wrote:
> Hello and good morning,
>
> I just loaded the French version of open office and I am trying to use  open
> office writer.
> I am notable to use the dictionary to correct my mistakes. I don't understand
> why.
> I think I set all the tool/options necessary and nothing happen!

Please, have a look at ->
'Choosing language settings'
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Getting_Started/Choosing_language_settings>

see also ->
'Documentation/FAQ/Writer/FormattingText'
[last modified 11 October 2007]
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Writer/FormattingText>
... and scroll down to 'Checking spelling and grammar'

Main aspects in French ->
[Tuto] Correcteur d'orthographe
<http://www.forum-openoffice.org/forum/ftopic2831-0-0-asc-.html>

> Do I have to load a specific software for that?

Only the french dictionaries (if they are not installed) ...

> Best regards.
> Hervé

Salut -
Manfred