[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The only way I can stop it from doing that is if I delete the program.
----- Original Message ----- From: James Knott To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; OpenOffice Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2007 3:45 PM
  Subject: Re: [users] [moderated]

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  > StuffIt automatically takes over everything I download!

  That might be the cause of your problem.  Can you stop it from doing that?

  Also, please reply to the list (users@openoffice.org), instead of
  directly to me.

Is it possible to download OpenOffice to another computer and then copy to a CD or USB drive? Also, if Stuffit actually unzips the package, there should be a SETUP.EXE file that you can run to install OpenOffice.