On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 08:14:03 -0600
"Kevin Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am writing to inquire about the licensing requirements of using Open
> Office enterprise-wide for a non-profit hospital system.  Our
> organization consists of approximately 7,000 employees and we manage all
> application delivery and configuration by way of enterprise management
> tools.
>
> Do I understand correctly that there are not any licensing requirements
> that require a fee (such as per user cost) when used in a business
> environment?

OpenOffice.org is Free Software within the definition provided by the Free
Software Foundation.  You can use it, deploy it, give it away, sell it or
pretty much anything else that you want to do with it at no cost.

www.openoffice.org/license.html

This license is pretty straight-forward and you should be able to understand
the terms quite easily.

The short answer to your question is, go ahead and use it.  There is no charge,
not now and not later.