On 10/19/2007 06:43 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> On 10/19/2007 04:07 AM, James Knott wrote:
>>
>>> I spent some time supporting users running Outlook and saw a lot of such
>>> problems.  While I haven't the same level of experience with
>>> Thunderbird, I've never seen it or Seamonkey lose any mail.
>>
>> Then you've not spent much time on the mozilla.support.seamonkey group
>> :-) I've been pretty lucky over the years, Mozilla > Netscape >
>> SeaMonkey, but it can happy to just about any email client.
>
> Yes, it can, but even with the HIGH volume of mail I get every day, I've
> yet to have Thunderbird fail. The main problem with "LookOut" and
> "LookOut" Express is the severe lack of security in their code.
>
> Fred

Then you've never spent any time in mozilla.support.seamonkey - have
you? Also, the OP didn't mention Express & was talking about Outlook -
very different applications.

Look: I've been using email client since Tymnet days, and at one point
or another something can and will get screwed up. I've used Pine, Tymnet
(disclaimer I used to work for Tymnet), MCI mail, Netscape, Mozilla (the
original), Outlook, Evolution etc., etc. I happen to use SeaMonkey &
have stuck with that over Thunderbird. Had you happened to use
StarOffice 5.1 (the precursor to OOo) you would have found that, even
though the CD was from Sun, the default email client on the application
was Microsoft's own. So give it a reast in "mine is better and I've
never lost anything" chant. All applications can lose something,
including Thunderbird. See:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=thunderbird+%2Blost+email&btnG=Search