Charlie Seaman wrote:
Certainly not if you are in a position where you have to pay for it. I have been using Thunderbird for two or three years now with no more problems than I used to have with Outlook Express or Outlook.

Guess wrote:

We were moved to exchange server with no imap or pop access so we either used Outlook, Evolution or web access. Since this move, many have reported issues but from what I am hearing, it isn't Outlook, Evolution or the Web Access that is the issues but the exchange server itself.

I have had mail not show up that was sent by someone across the hall as I was watching them. My boss has had mail not show up at one time but not the next time from the same person in minutes of each other.

I don't like the Outlook/Evolution front end and I prefer Firefox/SeaMonkey myself. But then I also ran and loved pine for years.

I have now come up with a way to get my mail off of the exchange server and then use Thunderbird.

It all comes down to personal preferences.

--
Robin Laing