Christian Schlatter schrieb:
Jiri Kuthan wrote:
At 17:34 19/10/2007, Christian Schlatter wrote:

I don't understand why [EMAIL PROTECTED] is not unique enough?

sometimes it is [EMAIL PROTECTED], sometimes [EMAIL PROTECTED], sometimes it is [EMAIL PROTECTED] or even worse you can take your spouses' name and from day D you begin to be [EMAIL PROTECTED], and your company gets acquired and you become [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Which clients without DNS/SRV can try to reach as [EMAIL PROTECTED], and those who pay extra respect to you using capital letters as [EMAIL PROTECTED])

The implication to sanity of data in usrloc, accounting and other tables is immense if you don't bring those to a common denominator. Any change to any name becomes a real pain. The point is names do changes, use of numbers is designed to make
relations between tables invariable.

Ok, this makes sense e.g. for foreign key relationships, but isn't this more of a database specific thing? We are using our university's LDAP based identity management system to manage SIP accounts, and openser accesses this system directly through H.350. Our assumption is that the SIP proxy shouldn't care about identity management at all, so it doesn't care if it is [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Christian!

Is LDAP case sensitive?

regards
klaus