On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Keith Hackworth wrote:

> I ran into this too and I emailed the developer for this module about
> this.   I haven't seen a response yet.  I fixed it by modifying his perl

Well, he responded to almost immediately when I mailed him ast night
(actually about 2:00 AM EDT ), and I gave him the correct syntax for
hostname on Solaris.  He sounded like this was the first he had heard about
it.

However, perhaps given the importance of SA and the symplicity of what this
does, SA might want to just not use this module and do something else --
even ask for the FQDN in the configure part, when it asks for the e-mail
address to use and the other questions.

Looking at the code for S::H::L -- it seems like overkill for such a simple
function -- rather than decide at install time what system it is and install
the proper code, each time it is called is tries to detect what kind of
system it is on and do the appropriate thing.  Also, hostname is called
without any kind of path, replying on the setting of $PATH

The more I think about it I think SA should just drop the module and do
something else.

Chris Candreva  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/