On 26 Dec 2017, at 9:46 (-0500), Sebastian Arcus wrote:

So you will excuse me if I take any whitelist which helps marketing emailing lists "improve deliverability" with a very big dollop of salt.

Of course. I don't give significant ham weight to any of the default IADB rules other than RCVD_IN_IADB_ML_DOPTIN, RCVD_IN_IADB_DOPTIN, and RCVD_IN_IADB_OOO.

IADB helps improve deliverability in part by having that myriad of responses which each mean something different, which both lets receivers know sender practice in fine detail AND provides (in theory) an incentive for the sender to do better. My sense is that ESPs engage ISIPP thinking they are getting an advocate and ambassador to mailbox providers when in fact they get a teacher/evangelist for sender best practices.

--
Bill Cole
Currently Seeking Steady Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole