i already opened a voting process here Marc...

LET's VOTE...

Would you like to have Apache Spamassassin change "WhiteList" and "BlackList"
terms due to racism sensibilities?

-----Pedro
    On Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 09:51:29 AM GMT+2, Marc Roos
<m.r...@f1-outsourcing.eu> wrote:

> I never said it was being done for engineering reasons.  The change is

> being done to remove racially-charged language from Apache
> SpamAssassin.  As an open source project, we are part of a movement
> built on a foundation of inclusion that has changed how computing is
> done.  The engineering concerns are outweighed by the social benefits
> and your huffing is not going to stop it.

If you are referencing opensource and community. Why is this group not
voting on this? Why is only a small group deciding what is being done?
Such a vote, hardly can classify as open source, community nor
democratic.

Why is it you, who decides what is "racially-charged language", why
don't you wait for some university researches being done, to see what
"racially charged words" are, and what the implications are of using
"racially charged words."

Why not keep dual support, so people do not need to change their
configs? If the argument is not to use these terms, than a fresh install
would comply with this.

You are part of the Apache software foundation what is even their stance
on this subject? I can't imagine all projects are going to start
modifying code, whatabout standards?

The haste with making this decision only shows incompetence. The problem
with people in IT nowadays is that they decide on things they should not
decide on. It is like a dentist, starting to do brain surgery.

As I said your team is not qualified to make a decision on this subject,
because you lack information and education on this subject. Stick to
what you have been doing nothing more, nothing less.