On 20/07/2020 13:23, Olivier wrote:

> "Kevin A. McGrail" <kmcgr...@apache.org> writes:
>
>> All:
>>
>> As of today, the configuration option WHITELIST_TO has been renamed
>> WELCOMELIST_TO with an alias for backwards compatibility.
>
> Kevin,
>
> Please consider adding an easy way to turn the backward compatibility on
> and off.
>
> So we, person in charge of mail systems, can find all the obscure places
> where the renaming will break something; because I am strongly beleiving
> that issues will arise from the less unsuspected places.
>
> The compatibility enable option will allow us to run without
> compatibility, notice where the thing break and enable the compatibility
> while solving the issues. That will be the less damaging way for our
> users.

Just think of those 10's thousands of running spamassassin who are not
on these lists, all in for a shock when custom scripts start breaking.

--
Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to
copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate
this message without the authors express written authority to do so. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
all copies of this message including attachments immediately.
Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost
by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.