> On Sep 23, 2020, at 2:52 PM, Jerry Malcolm <techst...@malcolms.com> wrote:
>

> On 9/23/2020 2:38 PM, Grant Taylor wrote:
>> On 9/23/20 1:22 PM, Jerry Malcolm wrote:
>>> With all of the gyrations I had to go through to be able to use SES along
>>> the monitoring Amazon does with SES, I'm kinda surprised that it would be
>>> flagged as a spam source.
>>
>> I don't know about SES specific, but I know that a LOT of spam comes out of
>> the big cloud providers.  Both their crap and the crap that some ...
>> questionable clients send therefrom.
>>
>>> Is there some trick I'm missing?  What do others do when mail keeps
>>> bouncing with no explanation and SA says everything's clean? There's got to
>>> be a way to make my mail more acceptable. Just give me a fighting chance to
>>> fix whatever is wrong.  But I have to know what is wrong before I can
>>> address it.
>>
>> I'll bet you a drink at your local watering hole that the problem is the
>> Amazon IP.  Likewise with SES.
>>
>>> Is there a 'right' solution?
>>
>> If you're very serious about this and willing to spend some money on this,
>> look into a Co-Lo or circuit provider that will provide a /24 to, get your
>> own ASN, with WhoIs / SWIP that you can control. Start warming it up.
>> You'll have a lot of work ahead of you.
>>
> Grant,
>
> I don't doubt what you are saying.  But if AWS is so horrible and across the
> board everyone thinks anything coming from it is spam, SA isn't flagging it,
> and mail-tester.com isn't flagging it, and both have pretty extensive
> blacklist references (??).  I'm still confused.

Jerry,

You’re asking about this in the wrong place, spamassassin is for stopping spam,
not helping mail delivery. Hunt up the mailop mailing list and spend some time
reading the archives. The problem isn’t that your mail is not clean, it’s that
new sending sources often have a hard time getting though to gmail and outlook
address. Various discussions on the mailop list may help you understand and
work on the issue, but there’s no magic bullet for email delivery to those (or
any, really) providers.

  -Darrell

ps> unfortunately, their site seems down right now, but you can find some links
with a google that should get you started.