On 16.02.23 15:57, joe a wrote:
Re-energized having recently heroically wrestled an elusive issue (to me) into surrender . . . we now turn to another issue.

Probably I need to retrain BAYES "From scratch".  I have a mess (years?) of stored sample emails that and be relearned.

I understand that sa-learn should be run as the same user as spamd, however I find it has always been run as root and when running as the spamassassin user results in errors, such as:

~su -c "sa-learn --spam /var/mail/spamd/Cabinet.Missed-SPAM" spamfilter

results in errors, starting with:

plugin: failed to parse plugin (from @INC): Can't locate Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/SpamCop.pm: lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/SpamCop.pm: Permission denied at (eval 44) line 1.

plugin: failed to parse plugin (from @INC): Can't locate Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/AutoLearnThreshold.pm: lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/AutoLearnThreshold.pm: Permission denied at (eval 45) line 1.

try first changing current working directory into one readable by user "spamfilter", perhaps root (/).

Could it have been that simple?

Yes, apparently it was.

Many thanks.

joe a.