On Fri, 2023-02-17 at 10:54 -0500, joe a wrote:
Could it have been that simple?

On 17.02.23 16:44, Martin Gregorie wrote:
If, like myself, you find reference books useful, you may want to get a
copy of "Linux in a Nutshell" - an O'Reilly book.

It tends to assume you know at least one other OS fairly well, is well
organised and concise. I've also found "Debian Reference"

 http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/

useful for most flavours of Linux (I use Fedora and Raspbian)

reading such book is a good idea, but I think this is more a SA bug, @INC containing something that references "." or "..", which it should not, and which causes perl fail when it can't open directory in @INC.
(and perl has documented this feature iirc).

WinError #98652: Operation completed successfully.