From: "Kelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

E. Falk wrote:
Rob McEwen wrote:

Does anyone else consider SpamHaus's definition as too weak and believe
that
ANY unsolicited e-mail is spam, even if a personally hand-typed note?

Hmm, how about "Hi, I see you have a link on your web page to my site at XYZ. I'm moving to ABC, and would appreciate it if you would update your link. Thank you."

Assume that the target does, indeed, have a link to the old location of the site in question (and that it wasn't inserted by a link spammer), and that the site really is moving to the new URL provided.

Unsolicited.  Potentially bulk.  But is it spam?

Not spam. It's somebody with whom you have a significant prior
relationship. "Hi, I noticed you browsed my website by using clever
reverse lookups and skullduggery. I think you'd be interested in my
baby kimodo dragon feeder....." That's spam.

{^_^}