Michael Scheidell wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Graham Murray [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 7:44 AM
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: New DNS Black list, White List, Yellow List

Ramprasad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

 A lot of banks/legitimate bulk email senders  change their relay
server. Many reasons for that. The most common is that they use a
third party to relay their mails and these would keep changing

Especially for banks and other high risk phishing targets, it
would be much better if they did not do this. If all banks
etc sent mail from a server whose IP address whose rDNS is
xxx.bank.com and where xxx.bank.com resolves to the IP
address from which the mail is sent, then it would
considerably easier to detecting phishing and greatly improve
the security for their customers.

Even if the banks used spf hardfail, it would at least stop phishing to
ISP's ans servers that knew about SPF.

(you could bump SPF_HARDFAIL score to 15, or use spf to block offending
connection right in postfix!)

Except = SPF breaks email forwarding. It requires that the world change how email is forwarded and that's not going to happen. Thus if a bank has a hard fail and someone with an account on my server gets email from an account that is forwarded then my server sees the email as coming from an illegitimate source.