> An ISP wpuld never be whitelisted anyhow. Whitelisting is for things
> like banks and other institutions and organizations that produce no
> spam. Yellowlisting is for ISPs so that they don't accidentally get
> blacklisted. SPF is useless because few are using it due to the fact
> that it just doesn't work.

I too agree with your idea that we should start looking for ham in mails
rather than looking for spam. This approach would help us tackle spam
much more aggressively.

But IMHO SPF works great and is much cleaner.

 A lot of banks/legitimate bulk email senders  change their relay
server. Many reasons for that. The most common is that they use a third
party to relay their mails and these would keep changing

You would have to delist your whitelisted ip  before some spammer gets
those. And since the whitelist is exposed there is a greater potential
for abuse here.

Thanks
Ram