Marc Perkel wrote:

Except = SPF breaks email forwarding. It requires that the world change how email is forwarded and that's not going to happen. Thus if a bank has a hard fail and someone with an account on my server gets email from an account that is forwarded then my server sees the email as coming from an illegitimate source.

This was in response to the posted who suggested the fix was to make banks use a defined reverse dns (which would NOT break forwarding?)

old news, see SRS.

If you want to go on a spf jihad, I suggest you do some research.

Also, and if you require all mail servers to only take mail from xxx.bank.com, what good is that? doesn't that break how everyone receives email?

What about marketing campaigns (yes, we hate them) with spf records, the DNS admin can coordinate email marketing campaigns.

you have to reach into every mail server in the world and so something like.. spf.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
SECNAP Network Security / www.secnap.com