Jo, please read in entirety...

Um, no, I unsubscribed it from a list and then received LD spam...
Therefore it's pretty much a spam gig.  The solicited me first.

We aren't talking about the pretty LD emails they sent to clients.
Don't get me wrong there.  In fact, those come through just fine.  It's
the spams they outsource (or whatever) that come in.  You know, they
ones where they misspell both mortgage and your name...

The history about this whole story is in the archives from about 18
months ago.  I unsubscribed, received a crappy looking misspelled spam,
went to the simple web page with a couple form fields, filled it out,
and received lots of phone calls.  For the return email address I used
some bogus yahoo account. I can understand the phone spam but no where,
and at no time, did I give them the spam email address other than the
one time "unsubscribe" (which I think was also spelled wrong at the
time).

So this is a completely valid spam account.  There's no grey area around
that one.