Matus,

Dropping mail outright because you can't reverse-resolve the mail server is bad, of course. And it /will/ drop messages from legitimate mail servers, especially those on private networks behind mail proxies as many older exchange installations are configured. And those installations aren't configured wrongly, in the strictest sense.

Unfortunately, determining which messages are spam is a hard problem. What's more unfortunate is that a lot of admins refuse to deal with hard problems and want an easy solution. Dropping messages outright that don't reverse-resolve is one such easy solution.

You are ultimately forced to follow rules like these if you want to mitigate the risks of your mail being classified as spam. Even in the case where spamassassin users assign a value to mail that arrives from machines that don't have reverse DNS, you'll want to ensure that your mail is coming from hosts that have proper reverse DNS entries.

Best,
Jesse

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
Hello,

our customrer reported being listed in SpamRats blacklist.

I would accept this if they were spamming, however it means that SpamRats
have braindead method to "detect" "dynamic" IP addresses and requirements
for removing them.

http://www.linuxmagic.com/best_practices/check_ip_reverse_dns.html

Is anyone familiar to that blacklist?