Matus UHLAR - fantomas a écrit :
> On 08.04.09 10:45, Jesse Stroik wrote:
>> Dropping mail outright because you can't reverse-resolve the mail server
>> is bad, of course. And it /will/ drop messages from legitimate mail
>> servers, especially those on private networks behind mail proxies as
>> many older exchange installations are configured.  And those
>> installations aren't configured wrongly, in the strictest sense.
>
> Just FYI, the IP _does_ have _correct_ reverse DNS entry. I wouldn't
> complain if it would not.
> Yes, the entry is generic, however _not_ dynamic in any way.

<devil advocate>
and why not set an "identifiable" name? I mean, I could also send mail
that triggers a lot of SA rules and come complain that it gets blocked
while it is not spam...
</!$1>

If I never get ham from ns\d+\.ovh\.net and get a lot of junk from some
of such hosts, what do you think I am going to do?

Anyway, can you disclose the IP so that we see if the name is really bad?

> However you
> know the
>
> What I am complaining about is that the IP is reported to be dynamic because
> it does not have hostname that follows kind of sick rules.
> If I send mail from host fantomas.fantomas.sk, does it follow the rules?
> If I send mail from fantomas.test.nextra.sk, does it follow the rules?
> If I send mail from smtp.nextra.sk, does it?
> And if I'd send mail from a0.fantomas.cust.gts.sk, would it?

linuxmagic.com is commercial. so we have no idea how they really do
their stuff. just ignore it. complain to the admin who blocked your mail
instead.

> Even if that record would be listed in SPF?

SPF again? any spammer can buy a domain and add arbitrary IPs to the SPF
record. you know about fast flux, right?

> I guess that marking address as "dynamic" just because the hostname does not
> start with "firewall", "mail" or WTF is braindead.

their terminology is wrong. what they probably mean is "generic name",
not "dynamic".