On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 23:49 +0200, mouss wrote:
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas a écrit :
> > Even if that record would be listed in SPF?
> >

> SPF again? any spammer can buy a domain and add arbitrary IPs to the SPF
> record. you know about fast flux, right?

You are thinking of SPF at the wrong layer.  It is a "non-repudiation"
tool.  When I create an SPF record, I am asserting that anything that
matches that policy is my responsibility.  Whether you might want to
whitelist (or blacklist!) anything matching that policy is a function of
my perceived reputation to you.

But at least it gives me a clue.  There is no reason to send a DSN in
response to a message that fails SPF.  And there is no reason to accept
a message on a whitelist if it fails SPF.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy