On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 10:04:42AM -0400, Rob McEwen wrote:
> Bill Landry wrote:
> > This issue has been unresolved for way too long.  All of this, in my
> > mind, this makes the plugin orphaned and unusable if not patched with
> > Mark's patch.
>
> No matter how hard you try to improve botnet:

Not sure how any of this is relevant. Botnet has pretty standard "rules"
that many usually do directly in MTAs and whatever. But if you can't do that
or want to do scoring in SA then you can use this as just one rule amongst
others. Implementation details and default scores aside, I'm baffled at why
John just simply doesn't apply this trivial patch and do "future
development" in the next versions when he has time or will.