Well I suppose you could always take the product that you dislike so badly back
to the store and ask for a refund of your purchase price.  Sometimes it really
amazes me how much, and how severely, some people will gripe about free
products that exist only because other people volunteer their time to a project.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 10:21:18AM -0700, John Rudd wrote:

> As said elsewhere, the primary issue is how DNS is being set up, both
> by the sender and the recipient.  But that's outside of the scope of
> Botnet.  Within Botnet, the actual thing to be solved is moving toward
> SA's internal DNS routines, not expending effort on improving its
> interaction with Net::DNS.  The latter is addressing a surface issue,
> not an actual problem.

Gee, I wonder why SA has a rbl_timeout setting then. To address a "surface
issue" in Net::DNS (which SA also happens to use)? Maybe it should just
leave such trivial things to "setup of sender and recipient". :)

We are only trying to point out a simple flaw that I'm not sure you even
understand. Lookups should have a sane timeout, in this case the default is
bad for the type of work SA does. It's fixable with a simple option. But
it's your right to make the "few" people look for silly patches when they
have a problem.