On Sun, 2009-07-05 at 09:28 -0400, Tara Natanson wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 3:05 AM,
> rich...@buzzhost.co.uk<rich...@buzzhost.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Perhaps you can look at your customer;

> > From: GearSourceEurope <i...@gearsourceeurope.com>
> > Sender: GearSourceEurope <miche...@gearsourceeurope.ccsend.com>
>
> I'll let you know what I find.
> >
> > I've lost count of the times I've been in touch with you over that one
> > (never to get a resolution)
>
> Me personally?  Don't think I've seen this one come up before.  If
> you've sent it to abuse@, I'll see what they've done with it.
If you could. It's been ongoing. It's funny you are here saying you deal
with this stuff, yet my server logs tell me something rather different.
However, I'll give you the benefit for now.

> > As for the Barracuda Whitelist. I think Micheal Perone has an interest
> > in Constant Contact Tara - Or would my information be wrong? Please be
> > aware that LOTS of internal information regarding Constant Contact -v-
> > Barracuda is known to me.
>
> I don't know Michael, I usually work with Jann Gobble (formerly Jann
> Linder). All I know is what he has told me.  He contacted our support
> group a few years back out of the blue because when they blocked us
> several of their customers got very upset.  He wanted to work out a
> way to keep his customers happy and to deal with any spam complaints
> that came in.  he has several direct escalation paths at his disposal
> should he get complaints about our mail and he uses them when he needs
> to.
That is an interesting inversion of what has been said inside Barracuda.
The story went that Constant Contacted did so much bitching about having
there mail blocked Linder had to white list them. Orders from on high.
Whilst he is only a grunt responsible for the 'intent' listings and
partly the Barracuda BL, I've no reason to doubt the version of events
circulating around the US and UK offices regarding Constant Contact. I
can tell you that I handled a fair few calls from UK and US customers
very unhappy with the fact Constant Contact were white listed following
questionable email. I recall speaking with him at the time and the view
he expressed to me was he would like to have blocked you period but his
hands were tied.

I don't dispute *YOU* don't know MP. I've got a gut feel there will be a
connection there somewhere. Normally, when spammers are white listed,
Perone has an interest or a friend some place.

> > Finally - and here is the thing I find a bit odd - if you really are
> > from Constant Contact would you not be using one of their email
> > addresses - or at least a server?. After all, as you put it 'We are an
> > ESP'.
>
> sorry, I am on several private lists. Lists I have been on for 10
> years through a few different employers.  If I signed up for those
> lists with my @constantcontact.com address my employer would own that
> mail.  I don't really think they'd read my mail, but I'm still not
> comfortable with that so I sign up for all lists (even the public ones
> like this) with my own personal domain.  Its just my family domain,
> the website is nothing more than that.
Well, I can only take you at face value that you are here representing
Constant Contact. If I call up the office switchboard Tara, can I speak
with you there? It's just I've called up Constant Contact and hit #9 for
the directory and your name is not in there? Perhaps there is a
misspelling or something?

> > AFAICT Natanson.net has no business relation with Constant Contact.
> > Forgive my scepticism, but if you say you are representing them, please
> > post from a place where that can be cited. Interesting to note the
> > domain you've used is also 'anonymous';
>
> There's really nothing to read into there.  The domain was purchased
> for me by a family member a long time ago as a christmas present. It
> was in their name (along with several other  family domains) and they
> were sick of the snail mail and email they got to the registered
> addresses so they did something through godaddy to pay for private
> registration.   If it helps I'll email you from work on Monday.  I'm
> actually on vacation this week and purposely do not have access to my
> work mail.

I'll call up between 9-9 est and speak with you about the issues with a
couple of other regulars from CC.