Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Justin Mason<j...@jmason.org> wrote:
>> I've heard that they are diligent about terminating abusive clients.
>> Are you reporting these spams to them?
>>
>> --j.
>>

> From what I've seen, most of the traffic from them probably doesn't
> qualify as spam by the common definition.  It is, however, stuff that
> nobody here wants.  I'm surprised SA is giving them a pass, but there
> have been other strange things that got a free ride through SA in the
> past, like Habeas certified junk.

Most of the stuff we see here which comes via Constant Contact does come
under the UCE definition, but not all.

>From http://www.constantcontact.com/pricing/index.jsp , they say:

  "Monthly fee is based on the number of contacts in your email list"

There's an immediate conflict of interest - if they want to keep their
income high, they're going to encourage customers with large mailing
lists, regardless of the sources of those lists.

They do, however, encourage "permission-based email lists" (
http://www.constantcontact.com/email-marketing/email-list-management/bui
ld-list.jsp ) - whether this meets double-opt-in criteria or not I
cannot tell.

+1 for not giving them preferential treatment.

Cheers,

Phil
--
Phil Randal | Networks Engineer
Herefordshire Council | Deputy Chief Executive's Office | I.C.T.

Any opinion expressed in this e-mail or any attached files are those of
the individual and not necessarily those of Herefordshire Council.

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the addressee. This communication may contain material
protected by law from being passed on. If you are not the intended
recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are advised that
any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error
please contact the sender immediately and destroy all copies of it.