On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 05:16 -0400, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

> >From what I've seen, most of the traffic from them probably doesn't
> qualify as spam by the common definition.  It is, however, stuff that
> nobody here wants.

I think we are all to generous in what we consider to be 'spam' -v-
'ham'.

If it has come from any form of 'marketing' or 'communication' company
then clearly it is bulk, most likely it is sales based, and almost
certainly it is unsolicited. That makes it spam to me.

Coming from Barracuda (the original 'pay to spam' company) I am always
suspicious of the motives of any spam-net appearing in a white list.
Very suspicious indeed. If you can see it in the core rules, are any
other rules weighted in the favour of people like Constant Contact?

I've opened up the RBL listing I have for them - lets see how much of it
passes through Spamassassin and what score it gets :-)