Warren Togami wrote:
> For reasons like this I will not manually unsubscribe spam from
> constantcontact.com or tell them what addresses were being sent.  They
> deserve a hurt reputation if they have a poor anti-spam policy.
> Unsubscribing only the offending addresses only artificially hides the
> problem from the statistical analysis without solving it.

I was in the same boat until I realized just how much spam was coming
from them.  They keep sending despite the fact that I train their mail
as spam (which includes BAYES_99 and an AWL swing of ~30 points),
which means subsequent mail from them gets rejected at SMTP time
(read: bounced).

They disregard this, failing to clean up their lists --which is odd
because I thought mass-emailing software was supposed to interpret
consecutive bounces as unsubscribe requests-- and failing to force
their customers to maintain their own lists (let alone shut down a
customer for a grossly unmaintained list), and then I get mail from
them again once the AWL swing has been worn down by HostKarma W et al.

This presents itself with a three-piece solution:
1. Continue to report their spam (SpamCop, KnuJon, Pyzor, Razor, ...)
2. Write a rule to prevent DNS whitelisting (see my other email)
3. Utilize their "SafeUnsubscribe" anyway.

I hate it when practicality trumps ideology.