I get junk from these guys all of the time,  others that have followed
the 'opt-out' IMO just use it
to confirm an email address for sale to others, such as themselves.
Maybe I am just extra
paranoid, but marketers should just stick to a web search for people
that want to purchase from
them.

Unsolicited email is a quagmire, email marketers do it
indiscriminately.  If they want to advertise on
my server, ad time costs money, they can pay me for using my server for
their stuff.  Once it enters
my ethernet port, it is mine, quite frankly, they should pay me to
advertise on my servers.  Their
junk cost me time and maintenance, so I need to recover those costs, or
blacklist them.

No such thing as a 'good' spammer, JMO.